Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One Plus One

Some books come to you by word of mouth.  "You HAVE to read this book."

Some books by an online 'Top Ten' or 'The Best Summer Books' kind of thing.

And then some books you just read because the author had written something incredible before, and you want to capture that feeling again.

This is that book.

One Plus One, by Jojo Moyes seemed to capture the same magic for me that Me Before You did.  Once I started, I couldn't put it down... and when I did my makeup was ruined.  The story is written from four perspectives - Ed, Jess, Tanzie, and Nicky - and the majority of the story takes place in Ed's car on a cross country trip.  Everyone in the car is broken in someway and looking for the answer to a better life.

It is honest, funny, wise, and leaves you wanting more.  Its a book that gives you hope and also reminds you that your life is pretty damn good just the way it is.
Of course I am already onto the next book, but these characters will sit with me for a while.

I hope you get to read it soon~

Books on deck:
Seating Arrangements, by Maggie Shipstead
This is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book. You should read If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I didn't think I would like it, but I actually loved it. Movie is coming out soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny... I've had that book in my hands twice now and put it back. I do want to read before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete