Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Theory of Opposites

I'm not going to lie... I love Allison Winn Scotch.

She had me at Time of My Life.

And then The One That I Want, The Song Remains the Same, and The Department of Lost and Found.

Her latest on, The Theory of Opposites is no different.

More than anything, I loved the idea of this book, and actually found it similar to the one I'm writing. However, her main character Willa, is being dared to do the opposite of what her dad's wisdom has always said after her life begins to fall apart.

Much like this Seinfeld episode...


"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right." ~ Jerry Seinfeld

This is one of those books that makes you think about your own choices and life in a way that you want to do better.... and choose better.  And it's completely true that if something isn't working, then the opposite might give you the outcome you want.

It's just hard to make that choice after years of settling.

So long story short, if you haven't read AWS yet, then start with Time of My Life.  

And then the rest of them.

You won't be sorry :)

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment